Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games simply because it’s entertaining, easy to play, and fun. In fact, for many people, blackjack is their first card game in their entry into the world of casinos and gambling. Whether you’re planning on betting money or just playing for fun, as with every competitive game you should always come prepared with a strategy. Although luck is certainly a factor, by taking a strategic approach you can maximize your control and produce a better outcome in most games.
Understanding the Rules of Blackjack
It goes without saying that you should develop a thorough understanding of how the game is played and the rules of play. Fortunately, the learning curve is practically non-existent, as even a child can learn how to play blackjack in just a few minutes. Still, many people learn how to play from someone else and as a result they aren’t familiar with every single rule. If you’re trying to build a reliable strategy and learn common blackjack tricks, studying the fundamentals first is absolutely necessary.
Learning the Main Blackjack Betting Systems
A blackjack system is essentially a predetermined betting approach that you take within a round to improve your chances of winning. There are many different systems and styles of play, but here are succinct descriptions of the first three you’ll want to study:
- Paroli – Increase your bet when you win a hand and decrease your bet when you lose a hand until you get back to your original bet amount.
- Parlay – When you win a hand, you make the next bet equal to the previous bet plus the profit you just earned from winning the hand.
- Martingale – Double your bet every time you lose a hand. If you win a hand, then start with a new bet amount. Many players rely on this method to come back out of a deficit.
Although there are more betting systems to explore, the three above are by far the most commonly used in blackjack.
Other Important Blackjack Strategies to Try
If you’d rather execute more tailored decisions for every move, you can try employing some popular blackjack move strategies. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Double your bet when you hit 10 or 11 points. This gives you an extra card in your hand to get a closer score.
- Always ask to be hit with an extra card if you have a score lower than 8.
- If you’re dealt two of the same cards you can split the hand to increase your chances of winning two-fold. This move shouldn’t be played with a pair of 5’s or 10’s, but it works well with 2’s, 3’s, 7’s, 8’s, 9’s, and Aces.
There are many other strategies out there and even entire books on blackjack, so be sure to continue your research if you want to master the game.
Combine All of the Above to Become a Well-Rounded Player
In closing, there is no one-size-fits-all strategy or system that is going to work every single game, but by learning all the aforementioned tips and practicing, you can become a versatile blackjack player capable of swaying luck in your favor.